12 WEEKS CAN CHANGE YOUR LIFE.
The Gold's Gym Challenge is a 12-week body transformation contest exclusively available to Gold's Gym members. Not only will the Challenge help you get fit, exceed your goals and improve your overall health, you will also have a chance to win over $100,000 in cash prizes!
In January, Challengers participate in comprehensive initial measurements and photographs. Then, 12 weeks later, final measurements and final photographs will be taken to document results. Each Gold's Gym will choose their local winners who will then be eligible for the national prize pool!
Average Pounds Lost
2016 Gold's Gym Challenge participants lost an average of 12 lbs. in JUST 12 WEEKS!
Average Inches Lost
2016 Gold's Gym Challenge participants lost an average of 10.5 inches in JUST 12 WEEKS!
Average Calories Burned
Gold's Gym Challenge participants burned an estimated average of 42,000 calories in JUST 12 WEEKS!
FREE VIP PASS
Start Your Challenge Journey Now. Find Your Gym and Get a FREE VIP PASS.
1. Sponsor: The “2017 Gold’s Gym Challenge” is sponsored by Gold’s Holding Corp. (“Gold’s Gym” or “Sponsor”), 4001 Maple Ave, Suite 200, Dallas, TX 75219. All federal, state, provincial and local laws apply. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
IT IS RECOMMENDED, AS WITH ANY WEIGHT LOSS OR FITNESS PROGRAM, THAT YOU CONSULT A PHYSICIAN BEFORE PARTICIPATING.
2. How to Enter: There are three parts to this contest (i) a local contest conducted at your local participating Gold’s Gym (“Local Contest”); (ii) a national contest conducted by Sponsor from eligible Local Contest winners (“National Contest”) and (iii) a national contest conducted by Sponsor from eligible Local Contest participants who document their fitness journeys per these Official Rules. To enter a Local Contest, beginning January 1, 2017 (or later depending on the date set by participating Gold’s Gym Franchisees)(“Local Franchisees”), visit your local Gold’s Gym (“Local Gym”) to have your “Before” photos and measurements taken and complete the local entry form and entry requirements.
Participating Local Gyms will post their individual 12 week Local Promotion Period. At the end of the Local Promotion Period, return to your Local Gym to have “After” photos and measurements taken. Local Franchisees have the option of creating their own requirements for participation. Check your Local Gym for more details and the terms and conditions of entry.
Participation in the National Contest requires participation in a Local Contest. Limit one Local Contest entry per person. Subject to these Official Rules, all 1ST place Category (as defined below) winners in each Local Contest will automatically be eligible to participate in the National Contest. If you are selected as a Category winner, you must submit an essay that is no less than 100 words describing your transformation story which should include why/how you were motivated/inspired to take the Gold’s Gym Challenge (“Essay”). The Essay will be judged based upon the following criteria: Sincerity (33%); Ability to Inspire (34%); and Passion (33%). The Essay, the percentage of overall body weight loss, inches lost and “Before” and “After” pictures taken by the Local Gym for each individual Category winner in each Local Contest will be deemed an “Entry(ies)”. Local Franchisees are solely responsible for submitting Entries. Entries become the property of Sponsor, and will not be acknowledged and will not be returned.
Participation in the Document Your Journey Contest requires participation in a Local Contest. Subject to these Official Rules, all Local Contest participants will be automatically eligible to participate in the Document Your Journey Contest. There is a minimum of requirement of 1 post per week (each week of a participant’s 12-week Challenge, 12 posts total) to qualify. There is a maximum of two unique posts counted per day for the participant’s 12-week Challenge period. The Document Your Journey Contest time period coincides with the participant’s Local Contest time period (in other words, the same 12-week period applies to both).
3. Alternate Method of Entry: If you are a resident of or are participating in a Local Contest in Colorado, Maryland, Nebraska, New Jersey, North Dakota, or Tennessee, you may enter the Local Contest without any payment or purchase by complying with all other Local Contest entry requirements.
4. Promotion Period: The Local Contests each run for twelve (12) weeks between January 1, 2017 and April 30, 2017 as determined by the Local Gym (“Local Promotion Period”).
5. Eligibility: You must be a legal resident of the 50 United States (including the District of Columbia), and 18 years or older at time of entry to be eligible to enter. You must be a current member of Gold’s Gym with a membership that is in good standing and a liability waiver on file. Employees of Gold’s Gym and Gold Gym Franchisees and any advertising agencies, or promotional suppliers or persons involved in any part of the administration and execution of the Local Contests or National Contest and immediate family members (spouses and parents, children and siblings regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of any such employees are not eligible to enter. Previous winners of National Prizes in the Gold’s Gym Challenge are not eligible to win for a minimum of 5 years.
6. Categories of Competition: All entrants for the Local Contest will compete in one of the following categories: Females: 18-29; 30-39; 40-49; 50-59 and 60+ and Males: 18-29; 30-39; 40-49; 50-59 and 60+. (the “Category(ies)”). Age of entrant for each category is determined by the entrant’s age on the date of the “Before” pictures and measurements. Document Your Journey categories are male and female.
7. Judging: The 10 individual 1st place Category winners in each Local Contest, as determined in the sole discretion of the local panel of judges, will be eligible for the National Contest upon completion of the Entry.
Individual Local Judging: There will be Two (2) Rounds of judging in the Local Contest:
Round One (Local Level): All local entrants will be judged by a panel of judges selected by the Sponsor or the Local Franchisee. In Round One of judging, the panel of local judges evaluates the “Before” and “After” photos of each entry based on visible transformation (muscle tone, visible weight loss and visual fitness). Those entries deemed to have a “visible transformation” are sent into Round Two of Local Judging.
Round Two (Local Level): In Round Two of local judging, those entrants who were judged to have a “visible transformation” are evaluated based on their “Before” and “After” measurements: total pounds lost, overall percentage of body weight lost, and inches lost (or added). Essays may also be part of round two of the local judging process. The top local entrant in each age Category will be sent on to National Judging (Rounds Three, Four, Five and Six.)
Individual National Judging: There will be Four Rounds of Judging in the National Contest:
Round Three (National Level): All entrants will be judged by a panel of five judges selected by the Sponsor. In Round Three of judging, the panel of judges evaluates “Before” and “After” photos of entrants based on visible transformation (muscle tone, visible weight loss and visual fitness). Those entries deemed to have a “visible transformation” are sent into Round Four of Judging.
Round Four (National Level): Entrants in Round Four of judging are ranked based on their “Before” and “After” measurements: total pounds lost, overall percentage of body weight lost, and inches lost (or added). The Top Fifteen (15) entrants in each age Category will move on to Round Five.
Round Five (National Level): The Top Fifteen entrants will then be judged side by side based upon their individual overall percentage of body weight lost (15%); overall inches lost (15%); visual fitness as evidenced in their “Before” and “After” pictures (40%); and Essay (30%). The Essay will be judged based upon the following criteria: Sincerity (33%); Ability to Inspire (34%); and Passion (33%). The top scoring contestant in each of the ten (10) Categories will become First Prize Winners. In the event of a tie, the tying contestants will be re-judged based upon visual fitness, as evidenced in their “Before” and “After” pictures. In the event of a second tie, the tying contestants will be re-judged based upon their Essays.
Round Six (National Level): To determine the Overall Female winner, the Top Five First Prize winners in the Female age categories will be evaluated side by side and ranked based on their individual overall percentage of body weight lost (15%); overall inches lost (15%); visual fitness as evidenced in their “Before” and “After” pictures (40%); and Essay (30%). To determine the Overall Male winner, the Top Five First Prize winners in the Male age categories will be evaluated side by side and ranked based on their individual overall percentage of body weight lost (15%); overall inches lost (15%); visual fitness as evidenced in their “Before” and “After” pictures (40%); and Essay (30%).
Document Your Journey will be judged as follows: As set forth below, participants will get a points for unique updates on social media using the hashtag #ggchallenge2017 #contest. Participants must use the complete hashtag for a post to be counted and tracked.
Point values and posting rules as follows:
1 point for posting
Posting is described as posting on either Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or YouTube with campaign hashtags #ggchallenge2017 and #contest. Hashtags must be included for a post to be eligible, counted, and tracked. The post MUST be public so that Gold’s Gym can view. If posting the same or similar content on multiple channels in the same day, only 1 point will be granted for all posts. Duplicate posts on multiple channels will only count as 1 point. Social location check-ins on Facebook and Swarm/Foursquare do not count as a valid post. Posts on Snapchat and Instagram Stories will not be counted.
1 additional point if the post consists of a personal image or selfie.
Images must be tasteful and applicable to participant’s journey in the Gold’s Gym Challenge. Images may include, but are not limited to, pre/post workout selfies, introspective/retrospective/perspective selfies, pre/post favorite group exercise class, meal choices and moments where you opted to make a healthy lifestyle choice.
2 additional points for posting video content.
Video content must be tasteful and applicable to participant’s journey in the Gold’s Gym Challenge. Video content may include, but is not limited to, pre/post workout comments, introspective/retrospective/perspective documentation of your journey, pre/post favorite group exercise class comments, meal pre-documentation and choices, or moments where participant opted to make a healthy lifestyle decision.
3 additional points if posting also includes secondary Gold’s Gym campaigns like #myGOLDSFOCUS.
Secondary campaigns are described as campaigns promoted by the Gold’s Gym brand that are not directly related to the Gold’s Gym Challenge
Any post may be refused and not counted, and Sponsor retains the right to disqualify any participant should Sponsor conclude (in its sole discretion) that a post could reasonably be considered as harassing, abusive or threatening, inappropriate, unsuitable, offensive, vulgar, or damaging to the Gold’s Gym brand or goodwill.
After the Challenge has ended, the top 20 Document Your Journey participants (based on total points) will be submitted for National Judging. Participant submissions will be judged by the number and quality of posts in telling the participant’s 12-week transformation story. The posts will be judged, in the judge’s sole discretion, on the following criteria: how well the participant documents his/her progress, inspiration, struggles, results and the support the participant receives during the Challenge. There are no local winners. There will be one female and one mail national winner.
8. Prizes: Prizes awarded to Local Contest winners in each Category will vary by gym. Not all gyms will have prizes for Local Contest winners (check with your Local Gym). The ten (10) First Place Winners in each age category will each receive US$6,500 and a Mio SLICE (ARV: $129). The ten (10) Second Place Winners in each age category will each receive US$2,500. The ten (10) Third Place Winners in each age category will each receive US$1,000.
One (1) male and one (1) female will receive US $1,000 for Document Your Journey content
All federal, state, provincial and local taxes and duties are the sole responsibility of the winners. Sponsor will file an IRS Form 1099 in the name of any U.S. winners for the value of the prize awarded. A total of 30 prize winners will be selected for the National Contest. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible Entries received that meet the judging criteria.
9. Winner Notification: All winners of the National Contest and the Document Your Journey Contest will be determined on or about May 26, 2017 and will be notified by phone, email or mail before June 2, 2017 and will be required to complete and execute an affidavit of eligibility and release including Social Security/Social Insurance number (“Affidavit”) in order to receive his or her prize. If any National Contest winner fails to return the properly signed affidavit and releases or other prize documentation within 7 calendar days, chooses to decline a prize for any reason, or fails to comply with any other requirements, the prize will be forfeited and awarded to the runner-up. Noncompliance with these Rules, return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable, or inability of Sponsor to contact a winner will result in disqualification and the runner-up will be notified.
10. Essay License: By participating each contestant represents and warrants that his/her Essay is original, truthful and does not infringe any third party rights and (except where prohibited) grants Sponsor a perpetual, fully-paid, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to reproduce, prepare derivate works of, distribute, display, exhibit, transmit, broadcast, digitize, otherwise use, and permit others to use and exhibit throughout the world his/her Entry in any manner, form, or format now or hereinafter created, including on the internet, and for any purpose, including, but not limited to, advertising or promotion of Sponsor and Sponsor’s goods or all without further consent from or payment to you or any other third parties.
11. Conditions and Release of Liability: In case of dispute as to the winner(s) of a Local Contest, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify all Entries submitted from the Local Gym or the disputed winner(s) of the Local Contest, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or Entry for false or deceptive acts. In case of dispute as to the composition of any Local Team, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the entire Local Team or an individual member of that Local Team. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend the National Contest or the Document Your Journey Contest should (in its sole discretion) fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the applicable Contest. In such case, Sponsor may, at its discretion, select the winner(s) from all eligible entries received unaffected by the problem. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the operation of the National Contest or the Document Your Journey Contest. The Document Your Journey contest is not endorsed, sponsored, administered by or associated with Facebook and participant releases Facebook from any liability.
Sponsor, its affiliates, partners and promotion and advertising agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, lost or postage due mail, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the National Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this National Contest if it cannot be completed as planned due to computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, technical failures, typographical or production errors in these Official Rules or other advertising for the National Contest, or other conditions beyond Sponsor’s control. In such case, Sponsor may, at its discretion, select the winner(s) from all eligible entries received unaffected by the problem. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the operation of the National Contest or who does not comply with these Official Rules. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE NATIONAL CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM THE PERPETRATOR TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
12. Limitation of Liability and Choice of Law: Any and all legal actions or claims arising in connection with this National Contest, the Document Your Journey Contest, or these Official Rules (“Claim”) will be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas, United States of America, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules and must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction within the United States. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this National Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. ENTRANTS WILL NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY OR AS MEMBERS OF ANY CLASS OF CLAIMANTS PERTAINING TO ANY CLAIM OR IN A PURPORTED REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY ON BEHALF OF THE GENERAL PUBLIC OR OTHER PERSONS SIMILARLY SITUATED. ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS NATIONAL CONTEST. ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEY’S/LEGAL FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ENTRANT, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE WAIVERS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
14. List of Winners: For the names of the winners, available after May 31, 2017, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to The 2017 Gold’s Gym Challenge 4001 Maple Ave, Ste. 200, Dallas, TX 75219. Requests must be received by June 30 2017.